Railroad Forums 

• Official New England Southern Thread (NEGS)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1559258  by jbvb

Last I looked the south (Tewksbury - Wilmington Jct.) leg of the Lowell Jct. wye was in need of rebuilding, but that's not even 200 yards of track. I don't think the old NH Div main leg of the North Chelmsford wye (Nashua - Lowell) will need much attention. When in service, the chemical plant lead was a facing-point eastbound turnout off the Western Route main a few hundred yards RR west of Lowell Jct.
 #1559442  by b&m 1566

I forget where I read it but I've been told the switch for the south leg of the wye, will be extended westward to the west side of 93 (right by California Paints) which includes rebuilding the bridge over Shawsheen River .
 #1560916  by NHV 669

2555, now GMTX 1505, enroute to Walpole today for horn certification of it's new Nathan P3. Hopefully should be back on home rails soon.

Can't wait to see what this year brings for the line.
 #1561351  by NHV 669

Apparently it's been at Westford for some time. Looks like it was dropped there, based on a more recent FB post. The Nashua Job came and went from N. Chelmsford, so it looks like a few more day's wait.
 #1561572  by jbvb

In Google's aerial photo, it looks like the Lowell Branch's former Eastbound girders over the Shawsheen are still in place, with rotten-looking snaggletooth timbers. So not a major job, unless they make false starts like those that wasted several months on the Merrimack River span in Haverhill.