Railroad Forums 

• Dear Santa, 2020

• Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,
Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,

Moderator: MEC407

#1557662  by jaymac

Dear Santa-
Yes, I know it's early, but I'll try to keep it short.
I'd like Covid to be a just memory for Christmas 2021, however painful that memory might be.
However painful it might have been, I'd like the present PAR ownership to also be a just a memory for Christmas 2021, especially if the new ownership is committed to and capable of doing the job of transportation well.
Thanks!
Ever the optimist, however guarded,
s/
jaymac
 #1557668  by MEC407

Hear, Hear!
 #1557761  by jaymac

Gee, Santa! Same-day delivery! Better than Amazon Prime, but I'll wait to see how many stars I give it.
 #1557764  by MEC407

He's using drones this year for contact-free delivery.
 #1557787  by p42thedowneaster

Did they work anything into the deal that would send a couple decent GP40s over to North Conway??? What's the future of SW1 007 and the FP9s?...the stored passenger equipment, etc..?
 #1557790  by MEC407

Excellent questions. I don't think anyone on the outside of either company knows the answers yet, or if they do, they're sworn to secrecy.

It would be a nice turn of fate if the Sisters ended up back at Conway Scenic...
 #1557796  by Hux

Dear Santa,

On behalf of those who post here, I most humbly request a heritage unit or two for Christmas. Personally I would be thrilled with a Imron Blue Boston & Maine loco. And if the elves have time and inclination, it would be a most joyous occasion to see a golden Maine Central engine pulling cars through New England. Oh, and if possible the OCS engines and cars remain in PAR colors so we can remember the one thing the former owners of the railroad did right.

Thank you, and remember to wear a mask a sanitize your mittens after each house.
 #1557840  by MEC407

Amazing!
 #1557841  by jaymac

johnpbarlow » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:16 pm
Dear Santa - I would like to find one of these in my Christmas stocking this year!
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/90f2ac4 ... 3874fc28df
PAR a part of the Lego Universe? I'll leave it to those less snarky than me to extract a meaning.

Santa, I know you delivered on half my wish, but how about the other half?
 #1557968  by A215

MEC407 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:06 pm It would be a nice turn of fate if the Sisters ended up back at Conway Scenic...
Conway supposedly wants their engines back + the rest of the OCS. I heard recently they held an auction on 333/322 and Hobo was very interested. I've heard nothing on the wreck trains or 007. All of the above is nothing but rumors currently and it's fit to be seen if anyone gets any of it.
 #1558120  by arthur d.

jaymac wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:10 am Dear Santa-
jaymac
For those of us more focused on historic aspects of the railroad rather than the current day to day operations, a glossary to understand the gardner gawking threads would be nice.
 #1558121  by jaymac

by arthur d.
Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:04 am
...For those of us more focused on historic aspects of the railroad rather than the current day to day operations, a glossary to understand the gardner gawking threads would be nice.
Much is covered in online ETTs, but some of the more jaymac-esque would include:
KCIR(s): Acronym For Kitty Cat(s) in Recovery, applied to ex-CSXT units that have had dabs of paint applied to their noses and/or ends plus the initials of their origins lined through or painted over.
NewBlue(s): Equipment -- including EMDs and GEs -- in Pan Am colors.
OldPaint(s): Equipment still in Guilford colors.
 #1558124  by Gilbert B Norman

The children were nestled all snug in their beds, with visions of.... Chessie building an FRA Class 4 MEC, clawing at Irving to do same with theirs, so that 60 car (could have said 100; but let's be realistic) containers, double stacked, will be moving at 50mph (could have said 60, but again realism) from Saint John towards Amazon's and Wally World's Midwest and Southeast warehouses, filled with trinkets from Western Asia (boys and girls, keep your popguns away from each other around Suez).

Oh but whoops; Mr. Cowford is shaking my bed ending dream, then reality: what about Trans Pac from Eastern Asia; author long UNP (and its FRA Class 5).
 #1558343  by arthur d.

jaymac wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:29 am
Much is covered in online ETTs, but some of the more jaymac-esque would include:
EL's ?
WL's ?
Single to single?
"da hill" ... Ashburnham hill?