Railroad Forums 

• Buckingham Branch RR-Norfolk Division

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

#1557444  by olneytrains

A great train watching day in Virginia Beach, VA. Gordon Paper Co. with buildings on both sides of the spur that ends at Diamond Springs Road. Most cars I have seen there.

Image[/img]
IMG_1423.JPG
IMG_1423.JPG (180.16 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
Attachments:
IMG_1426.JPG
IMG_1426.JPG (107.47 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
IMG_1424.JPG
IMG_1424.JPG (127.65 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
 #1558113  by CrustyTrainGuy6

Always great to see an increase in business. Especially on a line that has been steadily cut back throughout the years.

Is Gordon Paper located on the old Norfolk & Southern electric route to Cape Henry? I have a photograph of one of the gas powered cars in front of the Cavalier Hotel in Virginia Beach after the trolley wires were taken down.

Keep the photos coming

Nick Jobe
Centreville, VA
 #1558119  by olneytrains

Yes the picture with the bumpers appears to be where the ends. As I understand, it continued North on Rt. 13 to Shore Drive, traveled over the Cape Henry Trail to the Waterfront. Went past the railroad yesterday and there were a lot of maintenance of way workers working on new ties and moving ballast around at Bayside Road and Air Rail Avenue. A lot going on and nice to see for a relatively short branch line.
 #1577403  by olneytrains

July 9, 2021 at Coleman Place in Norfolk near the intersection of Ingleside Rd and Princess Anne behind the WalMart. BB 8 is picking up inbounds and headed for Virginia Beach. BB 2 usually handles this line