Railroad Forums 

• NY Existing Stations Update

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1556878  by Jeff Smith

First, thank you for this great resource. Some questions or updates possibly:

-Mamaroneck is railroad owned, but leased by a private restaurant now for several years, along with office space. No railroad activity within the station
-Not sure how you feel about Columbus Ave on the NH/NYW&B. It's a ruin now
-NYW&B: a couple stations still exist that are not listed:
-Heathcote: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=91685&hilit=heathcote now a real estate office
-Quaker Ridge: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaker_Ridge_station NYW&B Main thread: now a private residence
-Wykagl: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=67976&hilit=wykagl some shops up top, and renovation work going on
No longer exists: Third St NYW&B: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=162587&hilit=NYW%26B

Thanks again!
 #1563133  by SST

Are you strictly staying with stations only and not freight houses? I noticed that the NYC freight house on Exchange st in Buffalo isn't listed even though it is standing.

42.877719, -78.868946
 #1566534  by nydepot

Finished Cayuga County with new photos and updated info, including adding the West Shore station in Weedsport. It was long rumored to be around and on the Verify page. An old article about what happened to it and Cayuga Country Real Property helped find it.

Also started Onondaga County with new photos and data.

http://ny.existingstations.com
 #1566610  by Roadgeek Adam

For Chemung:

You're welcome to use this for Breesport, provided you use CC-BY-SA-5.0 and credit me as the photographer. I passed through Breesport on Friday after dose 2.
 #1566772  by kitchin

Jeff Smith wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:41 pm -Mamaroneck is railroad owned, but leased by a private restaurant now for several years, along with office space. No railroad activity within the station
It's a weird restaurant. You have to join a club to eat there. I don't recall if it's open membership. I think so and maybe you can buy a day pass?
Metro North unstaffed and closed many stations, it seems.
 #1566782  by SST

I'm out ridng my bike and as I came upon the JCT of the Peanut and the WSRR outside of Akron, somebody built a "shanty. " Probably not fitting to add to the list. 😜 I took a picture anyways.

The picture is facing ESE with the WSRR on the left. The Peanut in the middle and the "Shanty " on the right. If you see the white spot in between both row's that is a buried concrete pedestal.
 #1566842  by Jeff Smith

kitchin wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:22 pm
Jeff Smith wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:41 pm -Mamaroneck is railroad owned, but leased by a private restaurant now for several years, along with office space. No railroad activity within the station
It's a weird restaurant. You have to join a club to eat there. I don't recall if it's open membership. I think so and maybe you can buy a day pass?
Metro North unstaffed and closed many stations, it seems.
I eat there all the time with no membership required. Not weird at all; very nice. American/Italian style restaurant. The previous restaurant was the "Club Car". Also very nice; I don't recall membership being required.