• Providence & Worcester train schedule

• Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
    Official Website
Topics relating to the operation of the P&W Railroad, which is a subsidiary of Genesee and Wyoming. Regional freight railroad based in Worcester and operating in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York.
Official Website

Moderator: MEC407

by rustyrails

I've been a big fan of PanAm but I'm also very interested with P&W. Can anyone tell me the schedule of the car carrier runs from Worcester to Gardner.I would also like any information on the cargo runs from Worcester to CT that goes through Auburn Ma.
  by NHV 669

WOGR seems to depart Worcester around noon, returning a few hours later as GRWO. There's a regular poster on the P&W FB page that will post when it goes through Holden in both directions.
  by Plate C

Re: trains to CT, not so sure on trains headed there but you can see one from CT weekday mornings some time around 8-9am.
  by rustyrails

Does anybody know the P&W train schedules from Worcester to CT. Engine numbers, ect.
  by rustyrails

Does anyone know what the train identification is that goes from Worcester to Gardner and about what time it departs Worcester?
  by NHV 669

That's WOGR. Based on posts elsewhere, I believe they have a roughly noontime departure from WOR, i think it's something like a four/five hour round trip depending on traffic.
  by njtmnrrbuff

I'm going to be in Springfield, Ma starting tomorrow evening and staying until Saturday morning. What are my chances of seeing a Providence & Worcester train? If they serve Springfield, which days and approximate times? I would like to try to photograph a P&W train when I'm up there.
  by chrisf

njtmnrrbuff wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:15 pm I'm going to be in Springfield, Ma starting tomorrow evening and staying until Saturday morning. What are my chances of seeing a Providence & Worcester train? If they serve Springfield, which days and approximate times? I would like to try to photograph a P&W train when I'm up there.
The P&W doesn't serve Springfield.
  by johnpbarlow

While P&W doesn't serve Springfield, its Connecticut Southern G&W colleague does.
  by johnpbarlow

While P&W doesn't serve Springfield, its Connecticut Southern G&W-orange colleague does.
  by njtmnrrbuff

I got one of the freights passing Windsor heading, I think, to W. Springfield yesterday morning. I saw it heading south in Springfield yesterday.
  by rustyrails

WOGR is Worcester to Gardner. What is Worcester to Groton?
  by ebtmikado

njtmnrrbuff wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:36 pm I got one of the freights passing Windsor heading, I think, to W. Springfield yesterday morning. I saw it heading south in Springfield yesterday.
But they are not P&W trains.
  by NHV 669

WONR goes to Plainfield, based on a search to the FB group. NR-2 is apparently the train that serves Groton.
  by rustyrails

Is there a CP or mile marker chart for the Worcester to Norwich/Groton line?