• CMQ Motive power

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

by NHV 669

Apparently still 2004, for now.
  by MEC407

So 2004 is not in Montreal?
  by NHV 669

Apparently not. Supposedly there is an ECO sitting at BVJ, headed down there at some point to replace it. CEFX 419 was swapped out for an ECO (2262) Monday in Newport, and the unit apparently hasn't moved since.
  by NHV 669

Several photos have indeed surfaced of 2004 working the branch in the last week.

A pair of ECO's are now on the Searsport run, 2261 and 2266
  by MEC407

Hopefully the ECO(s) will fit inside the Rockland roundhouse. I seem to recall CMQ discovered "the hard way" that the B23-7s were just a smidge too tall the first time they tried to put one in the house...
  by Pensyfan19

According to Railpictures.net, it looks like the CMQ SD40s will be used for maintenance trains across the CP Rail system.
  by NHV 669

Yes, the 9011/9017 made it to Albany over the weekend on a ballast job.
  by backroadrails

CEFX 420/414 have been leased to NBSR after the lease to CMQ ended. I wouldn't be surprised to see the rest of the 38's make the trip to Saint John at some point.
  by GP40MC1118

Had Derby been completely cleaned out of dead power/storage units?
  by backroadrails

I think the AC4400's and GP20D's are up at BJCT. I heard NBSR was expressing a interest in some of the SD60's that were at Derby as well. In other news CEFX 3803 was on NMWA a few days ago, rumor has it that its bound for Rockland.
  by NHV 669

9024 and 2004 went west yesterday on 251.
  by fromway

Amazing pictures and video of the CMQ units working a Herzog Ballast train in Revelstoke, BRITISH COLUMBIA on the CP. Hard to believe that they have ventured so far.
Last edited by fromway on Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by fromway

It was on the Eastern Canadian Pacific page on "Facebook. Pictures and video were in Revelstoke, BC. The pictures and video are labeled "Still out West".