• Trains on CSX St. Lawrence Sub (CR's Montreal Secondary)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by tree68

And it could simply be a case of "what the heck - it can't hurt to ask." You never know - CSX might have been looking to get rid of that traffic, too.
  by conrailman02

I saw on the news that a new soybean processing plant has been approved to be built in Massena with rail access.
  by tree68

I think it was Q620 that hit a dump truck near Adams Center several years ago...
  by lvrr325

sounds like they're doing MOW work around MP3 today.

Or maybe they're just mowing the grass down there between the tracks and the road. Hard to see
  by johnpbarlow

In its dismal Q2 2020 earnings presentation, CN says steel wheel intermodal interchange with CSX in the Montreal - NJ/Philadelphia lanes via the Massena line is increasing? Has seen a significant increase in containers moving along the St Lawrence sub? If so what kind of anecdotal container counts have been observed? Thanks.
  by BR&P

Ironhorse27 wrote:Things have sure gone quiet...I wonder if CN has backed away from buying the line. Anyone heard anything?
Go back a couple pages and read up on what you have missed! :wink:
  by nickstowell

Not much to talk about. It's been a year since the CSX and CN announcement was made. Today the Q620 went up with a big train, 176 cars and 692 axles.
  by lvrr325

They've been running the bottom end mostly at night, I think I heard that one go up, it went, and went, and went. I look out sometimes but I can't make out what engines are on them.
  by Ironhorse27

BR&P wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:08 pm
Ironhorse27 wrote:Things have sure gone quiet...I wonder if CN has backed away from buying the line. Anyone heard anything?
Go back a couple pages and read up on what you have missed! :wink:
I did...maybe someone else can get int eh game...