Railroad Forums 

• R&N and RMDI

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

#1545391  by NJWG

Reply to Flounder.
I have not been up to that area for years but I do see the satellite images seem to suggest that it has been cleared out.
I will follow this thread but I would really be interested in your photo essay from 2006 if I could see your pictures.
 #1545575  by NJWG

Thank you so much that really brings back some memories. I have a few pictures I took at this yard probably 30 or more years ago. I have family in Wyoming and I got dropped off in west Pittston and walked to the yard to look around. after I walked over the bridge and followed the line back to Wyoming. It was a long day.
Thanks again.
 #1632359  by Jmanthefirst1

Hello everyone!
To start off thank you flounder for that great article you made from back in the day. I am local to the coxton Yard and it is incredible the amount of activity there in just the past year alone. For years now I have wondered what the old roundhouse looks like and had no idea there was an entity operating out of it in the early 2000s. With all the current work going on there now I can't help but be even more interested in what they look like today. In just the last few weeks traveling up and down coxton road I have seen track crews every day laying new rail in the northern end of the yard not to mention the RBMN passenger terminal on the Pittston side. I get the feeling RBMN has big plans for the coxton Yard. Sure would be something to see them make something out of the old structures there!
 #1632461  by jdh823

Supposedly they were going to put in a few tracks back in for the expected upturn in sand traffic. Guessing it's for that.