• Amtrak Bingo - fill it out

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Tadman

So lately there seems to be some train travel bingo games going around the internet. One crosses off squares for things like spending the night in a sleeper, crossing a border, eating in a diner, riding the TGV, etc... I've made one for Amtrak! Fill yours out!

Here's mine

I'm missing the Adirondack and the Big Dome. My "own dish" in the cafe is the cheese and crackers package plus the buffalo wings. It makes a heck of a lunchable-type sandwich. Now I'm hungry.
  by NaugyRR

I gave myself half a star for the Adirondack, I've never taken it past SAR
94102003_10106200948276818_2368097056930660352_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by John_Perkowski

DF15F0DC-4EE6-4F33-8410-207A228A0294.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by STrRedWolf

Here's my attempt. The SC-44 ride's a fudge (MARC equipment, but on the NEC w/Amtrak crew), but I wasn't sure on the "100 MPH not on NEC" and "Switch out cars" because of the Pennsylvanian.
  by Arborwayfan

Here's mine
  by mtuandrew

No bingo for me :( but a better list than I remembered. (>100 on the Michigan Line, yes I timed it!)
2C3CBEF3-E1D4-4238-9016-453AD23882BA.jpeg
  by Arborwayfan

I don't know how to mark on the image, but:

Sleeper Big Dome* NYP San Diegan?

Bedroom Diner

Free Space F40PH

Heritage% Superliner Switch out cars** Starlight

Delay >4*** AEM7 CHI LA Union Station

*Maybe fudging; it was the IP full-length dome on the Hoosier State.
? Do you mean the car Ocean View on the San Diegan, or sitting on the ocean side of the train, or taking the train next to the ocean as opposed to just LA-Fullerton? I have the last two, not the first one.
% Sleeper, coach, and diner.
**Bonus points: setting out a bad-ordered mail car at Orestod, CO, as well as normally at Albany and Denver (Pioneer).
*** Blizzard in Midwest made me >4 late into Chicago on the Lake Shore and then >4 late into SLC on the CZ, same trip; detour around a freight derailment made me >4 late into Chicago on the Empire Builder (I think we were in Madison at one point); not one of the questions, but worth mentioning is the ironic case of being detoured and getting in early because of it: I think I have had this happen once between Denver and SLC. Certainly we got in earlier than we probably would have otherwise, although that might mean we got in on time, or half an hour late. :)
  by Tadman

Arborwayfan wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:27 am *Maybe fudging; it was the IP full-length dome on the Hoosier State.
? Do you mean the car Ocean View on the San Diegan, or sitting on the ocean side of the train,
Ha I think we should allow some fudging, someone asked the same about a Charger with Amtrak crews. This is for fun, I'm not mailing the results to the new CEO, so fudge away.

Regarding San Diegan, I mean sitting on the ocean-side of the train south of Irvine. There's a spot on top row for the big dome car.
  by jonnhrr

amtrak_bingo.jpg
I counted a half star for the big dome as I rode the dome that was on the combined Broadway Limited / Capitol Limited between Chicago and Pittsburgh in 1985 although it technically wasn't a "big" dome just a normal sized one.
  by bdawe

I could count Sleeper, diner, cross US border, SC44, Heritage Car, superliner upstairs, Starlight, Cascade, Talgo

I would count >100 mph but that would be outside North America, and would count F40 cabbages
  by Pensyfan19

Ayy I got one! (Close to two or three).
  by mtuandrew

If we count non-Amtrak service, I could claim bingo via “big dome” (on various tourist roads like the defunct Minnesota Zephyr and the Friends of the 261 Super Dome.) I think I’ve *walked through* AMTK #10031 at a National Train Day event, but I’m not sure that counts either :wink:
  by jhdeasy

My results, based on Amtrak travel since late May 1971, as both a ticketed passenger and a private car owner.

If the judges will allow, I make a claim to the top left square ("made own dish in cafe"), based on preparing food in the kitchen of private car MOUNT VERNON while in the consist of Amtrak trains.
jhdeasy-amtrak-bingo.jpg
  by J.D. Lang

Ah Heck, Here's my bingo card.
Bingo.jpg
I put F-40PH in because I rode in the headend off 449 between Springfield & Albany-Rensselaer many, many moons ago.