Railroad Forums 

• NJ ARP calling for replacement of NJT CEO

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1536028  by E-44

Did they get rid of Stewart Mader already? Or are we going to be getting more "happy talk?"
 #1536071  by lensovet

ryanov wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:24 am
lensovet wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:00 am Literally the first sentence in the article is
One of the state’s oldest commuter groups and a petition started by riders are calling for NJ Transit’s CEO to step down
and state's oldest commuter groups is a hyperlink to the NJ-ARP website. Did they change the article when you read it?

The article is also posted on NJ-ARP's official facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/njarp/p ... 815072931/
And then there’s no quote that says that. So what you’re suggesting is that they were speaking to NJ-ARP and then never bothered to get a quote that says they are calling for his removal? I guess it’s possible.

I’ll just ask them.
I mean if NJ-ARP posts random stuff they don't agree with on their Facebook page, I don't know what to tell you.

Then again, the responses to this post clearly show that in this day and age people will just say "la la la la" and not actually care about what is being done on the ground so…🤷‍♂️
 #1536203  by JamesRR

As a daily rider, I can say improvements have been modest at best. Communication is still horrible, especially in service disruptions. Trains are still cancelled left and right. I've seen improvements in on-time performance, particularly in the evening rush - not withstanding signal issues near NYP or pedestrians being struck on the tracks.
 #1536260  by lensovet

JamesRR wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:13 pm As a daily rider, I can say improvements have been modest at best. Communication is still horrible, especially in service disruptions. Trains are still cancelled left and right. I've seen improvements in on-time performance, particularly in the evening rush - not withstanding signal issues near NYP or pedestrians being struck on the tracks.
they cannot just grab people on the street and put them in the cab. the training course if i remember is 18 or 14 months. so yes, they will keep cancelling trains until they are sufficiently staffed to prevent that.
 #1536268  by CentralValleyRail

lensovet wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:33 pm
JamesRR wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:13 pm As a daily rider, I can say improvements have been modest at best. Communication is still horrible, especially in service disruptions. Trains are still cancelled left and right. I've seen improvements in on-time performance, particularly in the evening rush - not withstanding signal issues near NYP or pedestrians being struck on the tracks.
they cannot just grab people on the street and put them in the cab. the training course if i remember is 18 or 14 months. so yes, they will keep cancelling trains until they are sufficiently staffed to prevent that.
The trainees haven't been the best to begin with. Trainee driving midnight train out of NYP had to have jerked us around worse than moderate turbulence on a plane. Coaches smashing into each other many times. Just a very unpleasant ride .
 #1536331  by lensovet

CentralValleyRail wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:10 am
lensovet wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:33 pm
The trainees haven't been the best to begin with. Trainee driving midnight train out of NYP had to have jerked us around worse than moderate turbulence on a plane. Coaches smashing into each other many times. Just a very unpleasant ride .
wow, really can't win here.

trains being cancelled — why don't you hire more people?

more people hired — why are they such crappy drivers?

oh and then again — why are trains cancelled?

🤦‍♂️
 #1536553  by Nasadowsk

andrewjw wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:11 pm Byford would be a real coup - and Murphy seems like he might be smart enough to leave him alone!
Byford would better at angecy like SEPT, where thing are running decently enough, but you need tuning of the operation to be really good. SEPTA sucked years go, but has made good progress. They're better every time I go down to Philly...
 #1537124  by alewifebp

I've always thought that operationally SEPTA runs a pretty good railroad. But in most other metrics, they are pretty terrible. Who would have thought that you could screw up fare collection so much, then 1234 comes up with KEY.