Railroad Forums 

• Trains on CSX St. Lawrence Sub (CR's Montreal Secondary)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1527886  by nickstowell

Here are some things I have seen so far this week. No trains ran on sunday, also no more Q621. Now the south bound is B781 and last 3 days passing Pulaski around 7 am. The north bound B782 is now through Pulaski around 2pm. Have seen many CN units on these as well. On wendsday the south bound went down leading with CN 2606 and same unit come back up leading, so must be turning in Dewitt? . FYI
 #1527973  by lvrr325

They abolished the Q621 a while back. Or was it the 620, I'd have to go back and read the thread. But that's no real surprise.

The turn on the power is unusual, though, it likely means running just that unit around the wye at the engine facility in Dewitt.

A loaded grain went up a few days ago and yesterday the empties came down. A train's going up just now, two CN leading two CSX units.

I read on Facebook the Port of Oswego filed an objection that requests Finger Lakes be given rights to work the Fulton Sub and maintain a CSX interchange for their traffic, plus they wanted to bring them in to work their line from the docks. Some idea that aluminum ingots that are trucked in would come to the port by ship, plus they felt that going through CN might add delays because it's a short haul for them. Be interesting to see what comes of it.
 #1533431  by tree68

Overheard today along the St. Lawrence Sub:

Two southbounds today. One will be autoracks - 10,000 feet...

DS wanted to know if B778 would be able to duck out of the way, maybe at Gouverneur...
 #1533488  by nickstowell

tree68 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:46 pm Overheard today along the St. Lawrence Sub:

Two southbounds today. One will be autoracks - 10,000 feet...

DS wanted to know if B778 would be able to duck out of the way, maybe at Gouverneur...
The autoracks passing by Pulaski now. I think symbol is V049, interesting to see on this line. has 432 axles on the Richland detector.
 #1533521  by lvrr325

I saw the opposite, what must have been a local with an SD40 rebuild and a GE widecab and maybe a dozen cars.

10.000 feet of auto racks must have been fun to handle with the grades and curves.

Also, about as soon as I posted seeing CN units constantly, they stopped and it's been a while since I caught one going by.
 #1534704  by tree68

Spoke with a friend Wednesday whose interest in trains is minimal, aside from the fact that the company he works for gets rail shipments.

Even he has noticed the addition of the auto racks to the traffic mix.