• Bay Colony Millis Line

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by MaineCoonCat

WHOA!!! HUH?!?!
BCLR Millis state rail plan pg 35.PNG
https://www.mass.gov/doc/final-state-ra ... 8/download
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Baycolony1705

Doesn’t mean anything, that is old info. Once GAF shut down a few years ago, BCLR stop serving the Millis line. However Tresca Bros started receiving shipments again, and that brought a little life back to the line. Now however, it’s not looking good for the Millis Line, the last shipment being close to a year ago.
  by MaineCoonCat

I thought the ROW was owned by MassDOT.. It appears I'm wrong..
millis row deed1.png
millis row assess.PNG
millis row property card1.png
I wonder if it's the same person listed here: https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/20689/

The Conrail FSP seems to say nothing about the Dover Secondary Track west of Medfield JCT. (MP 7.3) either..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by MaineCoonCat

ADDENDUM TO ABOVE

According to OLIVER, MassDOT owns the ROW from the Charles River easterly. Harkey owns from the river westerly.
Millis ROW Oliver map edited.png
  by MaineCoonCat

The ROW is owned by Peter Harkey. The Real Estate Agency is a Paul Harkey. Any relation? I don't know.. It appears Peter has a brother; Robert Harkey, and they own Harkey's Wine & Spirits, along with their mother.
Last edited by MEC407 on Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
  by connor4521

Any updates? I believe the last shipment was in February of last year
  by Baycolony1705

Nope, G&U still doing the shipments for Tresca. This can’t be good for old 1701 though, I’m not sure where she’s parked at this point.
  by GP40MC1118

Pretty sure its parked up at Island Rd/Environmental Drive
  by connor4521

I’ll head over tonight and see.
  by MaineCoonCat

Anybody know or care to speculate when the last time 1701 ran or what it may take to get it usably running after such a long idle period?
CABLES.png
  by Dick H

The cooling system on the 1701 must be drained. So fill the radiator to start.
  by bostontrainguy

MaineCoonCat wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:22 am The ROW is owned by Peter Harkey. The Real Estate Agency is a Paul Harkey. Any relation? I don't know.. It appears Peter has a brother; Robert Harkey, and they own Harkey's Wine & Spirits, along with their mother.
Why on earth did they buy this ROW?
  by Baycolony1705

MaineCoonCat wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:21 pm Anybody know or care to speculate when the last time 1701 ran or what it may take to get it usably running after such a long idle period?
CABLES.png
Probably last ran February 2019, the last time they shipped cars on the line.
  by Backshophoss

1701 is now outdated 92 day inspection,outdated Air Brakes due to lack of use.
Needs to go to a shop before use.