Railroad Forums 

• Top 5 NJ Railroad Moments in Last Few Years

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1528513  by planespotting

#5 -- Testing of the new Charger locomotives on the NEC line.
#4 -- Amtrak Turboliners pass through NJ to new temporary home at Adams Yard.
#3 -- USS New Jersey battleship guns return to Camden via rail.
#2 -- Union Pacific Business Train travels to NJ and overnights before heading to Harriman, NY and then back west via NJ again.
And now the number one moment...
#1 -- Bennett Levin Pennsylvania Railroad E8As Office Car Special utilizes Conrail Shared Assets in New Jersey and makes stop in tiny Jamesburg!!!!!

Thoughts?
 #1529347  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Amtrak fan trips on Lehigh/Reading Lines.
CNJ GP40P Heritage unit on NJT. Only problem is it is not currently on neither RV line or NJ Coast Line,where it began its career. Maybe in due time?
Those are two I can think of.
One negative. The abolishment of H74(or76,depending on who you ask) on the former L&HR/Bel Del route to Portland via Martins Creek. :(
 #1529363  by blockline4180

CNJ Fan 4evr wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:22 pm Amtrak fan trips on Lehigh/Reading Lines.
CNJ GP40P Heritage unit on NJT. Only problem is it is not currently on neither RV line or NJ Coast Line,where it began its career. Maybe in due time?
Those are two I can think of.
One negative. The abolishment of H74(or76,depending on who you ask) on the former L&HR/Bel Del route to Portland via Martins Creek. :(
You probably won't see it on the Raritan Valley line unless one of the Historical Societies sponsor and plan a fan trip of some sort with NJT's blessing...I'm sure it wont be cheap. Other then that there is a chance it could be on the Bay Head Shuttle at some point as the 4100 or 4101 was down there once in the past few years, but don't hold your breath.