• Kawasaki Rebuild Program at Alstom

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by sonicdoommario

Was it being used as a control car or just a car within the set? Haven't seen it on GPS in months.

Also, the 771, 772, and 774 have been sent out to Alstom, with the 755 returning.
  by sonicdoommario

738 and 754 both returned to service today. The original 50 BTCs have now all been rebuilt and are back in service.
  by Commuterrail1050

more than likely 1706 is blind on a set. Haven't seen which set it was though.
  by sonicdoommario

760 and 770 are on their way out to New York next. Seems like they've really picked up the pace of sending more cars out the last several months?
  by sonicdoommario

755 returned to service this week. Quick rebuild, only went out this past March I think.
  by sonicdoommario

757 and 767 have now rejoined service. 757 was on the 1723 7-double set, 767 on the 1816 4 double/1 flat set.
  by GP40MC1118

Photo on NERAIL Photo Archives yesterday of the 781 in East Deerfield on the way back home.

D
  by sonicdoommario

769 also back in service as of yesterday.

Also, some of these cars are coming back quickly this year. I imagine the BTCs are quicker to rebuild than the control cars, which are all rebuilt at this point? Feels like they're coming home after 6 months as opposed to up to a year.
  by sonicdoommario

781 back in service now, haven't tracked it down on a set yet.

762 will be the next car going out to Alstom. I believe this is the car that is completely blue and has the "No brainer" decal on it, I imagine this car will go back to looking normal?