Railroad Forums 

• Septa push pull overview

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1526408  by Silverliner II

As a friendly reminder to those following the SEPTA push-pull sets, they all have a 4-day weekend and will resume their regular assignments on Monday.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!
 #1526441  by rcthompson04

Silverliner II wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:49 am As a friendly reminder to those following the SEPTA push-pull sets, they all have a 4-day weekend and will resume their regular assignments on Monday.

Is that always the case? 2 years ago I rode the Great Valley Flyer and was one of 5 passengers in the control car on Friday morning.
 #1526474  by Silverliner II

rcthompson04 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:13 pm
Silverliner II wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:49 am As a friendly reminder to those following the SEPTA push-pull sets, they all have a 4-day weekend and will resume their regular assignments on Monday.

Is that always the case? 2 years ago I rode the Great Valley Flyer and was one of 5 passengers in the control car on Friday morning.
That's usually the norm... emphasis on "usually". Most consists run shortened on the Friday simply because many people take the day off.
 #1527571  by Silverliner II

rcthompson04 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:36 pm
phillymountainrailfan wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:12 pm Marc cars heading back to frazer tonight
Yep it looks like they are running 1565 this evening.
Another servicing run needed.... Cab car 2404 was majorly tagged during the night at West Trenton.
 #1531343  by Silverliner II

phillymountainrailfan wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:50 pm Marc set going back to Frazer tonight
Inspection time and/or cab car or motor swap again....
 #1537715  by rcthompson04

I presume that the push-pull equipment will ride out the crisis at places like Frazer. I saw they were running some of the push pull equipment the first week (Great Valley Flyer in particular), but it appears that stopped.