• Septa Station Parking

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Paola33

Hello Septa-Patco Folks,

I live in DC but have upcoming classes in Philly the 3rd week of December. To save money on hotel & parking costs I was thinking to rent an Airbnb in Media/Media area. My concern is station parking availability at Media area stations (Elwyn?) to take Septa into Philly. My class is 9 am - 6 pm on a Friday & a Saturday.

Taking Amtrak or MegaBus from DC to Philly is not an option for this trip because after my final class I'll be visiting family for the holidays 30 minutes away in NJ.

Thanks in advance! :-)
  by CNJGeep

$1, quarters only, on the weekday. Pay in the big yellow box.

Free on the weekends.
  by JeffK

Given the significant teething pains of SEPTA's "Key" fare card on the commuter rail division, if you're only riding for 2 round trips it would be worthwhile to call the Media station (610-566-4070) and find out if it's still possible to buy 4 individual tickets in advance. Besides saving several bucks over buying on the train, it'll avoid queuing up at the city ticket windows on your way back. Note - weekday fares are higher than weekend fares so be sure to tell the agent you need one pair for Friday and one for Saturday.

It's not time-competitive, but in the event of any disruptions with the Media/Elwyn line a backup route is the 101 trolley connecting to the Market-Frankford El.
  by sccaflagger74

From my understanding (based only on Media community facebook page posts) Media and Elwyn lots are both full by 7:30-7:45. There is always space available at the Providence Road stop on the 101 trolley, and parking there is free, too.