Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak On-Time Performance (OTP) Delays Reroutes Annulled

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1524050  by STrRedWolf

rcthompson04 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:01 pm There have been a number of issues on the Keystone Service / Paoli Thorndale Line since the storms went through including this stranding of several trains today:

https://6abc.com/travel/septa-passenger ... e/5667174/
Ouch. I think this qualifies for another measure for a rather popular tracker for SEPTA trains...
 #1524071  by rcthompson04

east point wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:41 am These problems will happen over and over until all possible vegetation potential fouling is removed. As well getting new constant tension CAT is necessary but that is probably 10 - 20 years in the future unless Amtrak gets some unexpected funding for SOGR work.
I read a couple months ago that most trees falling on the Keystone Line especially east of Paoli are on private property. I suspect taking the trees is cost and politically prohibitive in many Main Line areas.
 #1524072  by east point

rcthompson04 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:36 am
east point wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:41 am These problems will happen over and over until all possible vegetation potential fouling is removed. As well getting new constant tension CAT is necessary but that is probably 10 - 20 years in the future unless Amtrak gets some unexpected funding for SOGR work.
I read a couple months ago that most trees falling on the Keystone Line especially east of Paoli are on private property. I suspect taking the trees is cost and politically prohibitive in many Main Line areas.
What is PA law concerning overhanging trees ? Here in our state if I have any vegetation or tree limb that is over hanging onto my property it can be removed by me as property owner up to property line. That is of course subject to any local government regulations concerning said removal. Now owner of tree trunk at ground level can remove complete tree including any overhanging limbs but would need access permission if access needed onto my property. It can get to be a sticky problem when a bush or tree trunk is on both properties.

Right now we have a tree that is on 3 properties that will probably need removal in next 5 years.
 #1524778  by ThirdRail7

The northbound as well as the southbound Auto train sets have been in the death cycle for the last week or so. It seemed as though they emerged, until last night.

According to someone on the train, the northbound set had to set out an auto carrier en route. It is now following 80, which puts it in LOR at 4:30 pm...if they're lucky.

Hopefully, it can turn and burn by 9 pm.
 #1525287  by STrRedWolf

Dick H wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:28 pm PanAm Railways freight train is derailed at Claremont Junction NH. Both Vermonters, 57 and 54 are cancelled above Springfield MA. 11/16/19
Amtrak NEC Alerts Twitter says St. Albans (SAB) to SPG will be bus bridged.
 #1527447  by Gilbert B Norman

#5(8) is off to a great start today. On my walk I was wondering "where..."?

First it left CUS 35ML, then proceeded to lose another 51 min over the road CHI to NPV (28mi) where it was reported arrived at 4P or 86ML

I think this puppy is going to be a sick one; who knows what lies ahead?
 #1527748  by STrRedWolf

Gilbert B Norman wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:07 pm #5(8) is off to a great start today. On my walk I was wondering "where..."?

First it left CUS 35ML, then proceeded to lose another 51 min over the road CHI to NPV (28mi) where it was reported arrived at 4P or 86ML

I think this puppy is going to be a sick one; who knows what lies ahead?
I don't know what happened, because Amtrak ain't telling off of Twitter!
 #1529144  by twropr

shlustig wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:51 am Does anybody know what happened to #64 (21st) eastbound Maple Leaf: shows 52" late Dp/ POU and 6' 33" late DP HM with no arrival @ NYP
according to Dixieland.

Amtrak site shows nothing from ALB to NYP.
64 had a locomotive failure north of Croton Harmon
Andy
 #1529171  by STrRedWolf

shlustig wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:30 pm #30 (22nd) eastbound Capitol Limited arrived @ CUM today OT and Dpd. 3' 30" late; no explanation on Amtrak delay site.

Does anybody know what caused this delay?
Likely more CSX traffic on the line due to the derailment at Harper's Ferry. The freight-only bridge took some damage so everything has to be routed through Martinsburg to get down to Fort Collins. I won't be surprised if they had to wait for a broken-down freight and ended up refreshing the crew at Cumberland.