• Proposed Rochester Belt Line

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by nydepot

with hourly passenger traffic:
Rochester Belt Line Planned.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by BR&P

Is the year missing, or am I looking right at it and not seeing it?
  by NYCRRson

Well, it refers to the "Chamber of Commerce" (Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce was founded in 1955 (per their website)).

And it refers to a meeting on Friday the 18th of November. It just so happens that 11/18/1955 was a Friday.

So maybe 1955 ?

Or some other year with a Friday the 18th of November, should occur every six years ?
  by nydepot

It got cut off.

12/7/1904 D&C
  by BR&P

I was going to say, it mentions the BR&P which was LONG gone by 1955.

That would have been quite the routing had it been implemented. No mention of how a passenger's fare would have been divided between 2, 3 or 4 railroads.

Many years ago, in the Rochester NRHS bulletin I believe, the late Henry Pape authored a whimsical story about an entirely fictitious local railroad, the WANDA line. I don't recall the exact names but it was something along the lines of Webster, Arcade, Naples, Dansville and Avon. I may not have ANY of those correct but you get the idea. The routing mentioned in the OP is so far-fetched, perhaps it was the inspiration for Henry's yarn! :P
Last edited by BR&P on Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by pumpers

The first line says "steam road". So right away you know it's not 1955!