• Septa push pull overview

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by Silverliner II

Partial heads up: some changes to the push-pull assignments coming effective 9/29 (to start Monday 9/30)

The two Trenton Line push-pull sets (9745/9724 and 9728 plus its corresponding runs) will be expanded to 8-car sets.
The West Trenton Line push-pull set (6374/6325) will get the MARC coaches.

That is all... for now...
  by ExCon90

rcthompson04 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:47 pm
boomer wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:55 pm
rcthompson04 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:24 am Any word on when the MARC cars will enter service?
Unofficially, next week. Most likely a couple/few weeks. No concrete dates from people I have spoken to.
I am curious if they will be used for rush hour runs or to bring back the "all day" push pull set.
I was told by a reliable source that they are to operate as 6325 and 6374 on the West Trenton Line starting today.

Oops--I just reread Silverliner II's post above mentioning an effective date of 9/30; looks like they speeded it up a bit.
  by Silverliner II

ExCon90 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:12 pm
rcthompson04 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:47 pm
boomer wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:55 pm
rcthompson04 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:24 am Any word on when the MARC cars will enter service?
Unofficially, next week. Most likely a couple/few weeks. No concrete dates from people I have spoken to.
I am curious if they will be used for rush hour runs or to bring back the "all day" push pull set.
I was told by a reliable source that they are to operate as 6325 and 6374 on the West Trenton Line starting today.

Oops--I just reread Silverliner II's post above mentioning an effective date of 9/30; looks like they speeded it up a bit.
I'll take today over later any day... LOL
  by dcipjr

I was on 6325 earlier this week and it was the Bombers...no MARC cars. Does anyone know if they’re running? I’ve been keeping an eye out for them but I haven’t seen them.
  by Silverliner II

dcipjr wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:12 am I was on 6325 earlier this week and it was the Bombers...no MARC cars. Does anyone know if they’re running? I’ve been keeping an eye out for them but I haven’t seen them.
They won't actually be on that round trip until the new picks start on September 30th at least.
  by mcgrath618

I'll surely be one of the first to know... I now live in University Crossings, and my room has a perfect view of Powelton Yard.
  by mcgrath618

The MARC Set just pulled out of Powelton Yard and into 30th on what appears to be track 6.
  by mcgrath618

Correction: It is back in the yard on the track where the West Trenton sets are usually stored. I'm 99% sure this will be assigned to the earlier West Trenton Express tonight.
  by mcgrath618

The MARC trainset was assigned to 6374, and has just left 30th for anyone interested. SEPTA 906 pushing.
  by CNJGeep

6325-6374 going forward
  by Silverliner II

rcthompson04 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:29 pm https://trib.al/DrjVZEJ

Philly Inquirer says the MARC cars are being leased due to I-95 work.
That is correct. PADOT requested SEPTA provide a few hundred more additional seats for Trenton Line trains. So one push-pull set was broken up to expand the two Trenton sets to 8 car trains, and the MARC coaches then re-filled out the broken-up set (running with a SEPTA cab car).
  by mcgrath618

Silverliner II wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:49 pm

That is correct. PADOT requested SEPTA provide a few hundred more additional seats for Trenton Line trains. So one push-pull set was broken up to expand the two Trenton sets to 8 car trains, and the MARC coaches then re-filled out the broken-up set (running with a SEPTA cab car).
Has SEPTA ever run 8 car trains in revenue service before?
  by ekt8750

mcgrath618 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:36 pm
Silverliner II wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:49 pm

Has SEPTA ever run 8 car trains in revenue service before?
MUs? They try not to, but I've seen them run push pulls in revenue service.