• Trains on CSX St. Lawrence Sub (CR's Montreal Secondary)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by tree68

Imagine the surprise of those motorists seeing "passenger" equipment going by.

Heard W945 get paper to go north from the yard this afternoon. No idea what it was as I couldn't get down to the tracks.
  by lvrr325

A loaded military train came down the other day.

This afternoon the third unit on an inbound was a BC Rail cowl body.
  by tree68

A couple of "Tonka Toys" headed north through "BRAD" this afternoon. No idea where they were headed.
  by lvrr325

Two engines came down light earlier and are now going back north with stacks on the headend. Leader is a blue CEFX leaser widecab.
  by nickstowell

Q620 heading north with a single Union Pacific leading, However the other three units are mid train DPU,s into train about 60 cars another UP unit and 2 CN Units.
  by tree68

nickstowell wrote:Q620 heading north with a single Union Pacific leading, However the other three units are mid train DPU,s into train about 60 cars another UP unit and 2 CN Units.
Seeing a lot of DPU on CSX these days.
  by lvrr325

Can DPUs control from either side? I wonder if the train came in one direction, they tacked cars on what was the head end, and sent it out with what had been the DPU as leader.
  by tree68

Heard DS speaking with B778 today - the inspection train was headed back south at some point today.
  by conrailman02

A lot of CN power lately on the line these days. All look like brand new locomotives as well.
  by conrailman02

The last few that I have seen where new units in use on trains heading south. If I only saw them on northbound trains that would have been a good guess though.
  by conrailman02

Both trains today consisted of all CSX power. They passed each other in Pulaski just after 4pm.