• Pennington, NJ

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by b&m 1566

I happen to catch this house for sale on the side of my screen as advertisement. At first glance, I was taken back at how it was built to resemble a train station but when I looked closers I saw the double doors on each side. Knowing that was very common back in the 1800's for men and woman, I clicked on it immediately and come to fine out it is an old train station from Pennington, NJ.
  by amtrakhogger

Nice.
  by Ken W2KB

b&m 1566 wrote:I happen to catch this house for sale on the side of my screen as advertisement. At first glance, I was taken back at how it was built to resemble a train station but when I looked closers I saw the double doors on each side. Knowing that was very common back in the 1800's for men and woman, I clicked on it immediately and come to fine out it is an old train station from Pennington, NJ.
I did note that the real estate ad did not mention the existence of a still busy and active freight line in the station-now-house's backyard. ;-) One of the many photos, if the reader looks very carefully to the background on the right, shows the track.
  by JasW

Yep, that former Reading station is right on the active CSX Trenton Subdivision line. Maybe the original platform is the backyard patio!

EDIT: I was joking, but additional photos from a realtor site shows the platform really is the backyard patio, right next to the tracks.
Pennington Station Backyard.jpg