• Is this a NYSW motorcar??

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by njmidland

It was made by a company called Buda. I think this particular railcar was sold or scrapped about 1955.

by GOLDEN-ARM

I could be wrong, but this photo looks like it was shot on the M&E, at Whippany, during operations of the old Morris County Central, before it moved to Newfoundland. I don't know if it's original, or a made-up job, but it sure is unique. Thanks for sharing.

by njmidland

I believe this photo was taken at Middletown, NY. To the right of the 100 you can see some Erie coaches. To the left appears to be the Middletown & Unionville's Main Street Station.

by Otto Vondrak

I dont think it was intended for passengers... it could have been used by division superintendents to tour the line as needed (in the days before hi-rail trucks)!

-otto-