• NYS&W Southern Division Toys For Tots Train 2018

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by blocksignal

Good afternoon. I would like to know if the Toys For Tots Train will be departing from the Ridgefield Park/Little Ferry area this Saturday 12/1/2018. Given that partial bridge collapse and Hackensack River Bridge O.O.S. I was just curious. Or have those two bridges been fixed by now? Otherwise the train would originate where - At Passaic Junction in Saddlebrook? And also is the schedule still the same as per their website? Thanks.

Blocksignal.
  by ClearlyDiverging

The train will originate in Rochelle Park. First stop is the CVS in Rochelle Park as per the schedule. The schedule on the website is the same as what will be run on Saturday.
  by blocksignal

Thank you ClearlyDiverging. Much appreciated. I did manage to catch them at Midland Park. They arrived approximately 10:35 AM this morning with an interesting power lash-up consisting of NYS&W #3040 & Chesapeake & Delaware #1823 with "Honoring New Jersey Veterans" & "Safety & Service" painted on its sides. Never saw a lash-up consist like that before on the toys for tots train. Thanks again.

Blocksignal.