• Trains in Medfield, Massachusetts?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by connor4521

So I’ve seen MBTA Commuter Rail through the center of town, but what line is it? Also the Medfield Junction, what are it’s uses nowadays?
  by johnpbarlow

The line is currently known as CSX Framingham Secondary (although the track is owned by MassDOT with CSX having exclusive freight rights). I think the line sees a pair of road freights daily that may operate at night. The line was created as the Mansfield and Framingham RR in 1870 and has been through a number of owners over the past 140+ years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mansfield ... m_Railroad

Not sure why you saw an MBTA train but I'm guessing it was a track inspection movement - was Amtrak's "Corridor Clipper" geometry test car in the consist?
  by Sprinter611

Bay Colony also operates on the Millis Branch a few times a year whenever they get loads for Tresca.
  by connor4521

I’ve seen the Bay Colony 1701 on the Millis line. Wondering how often they even get work nowadays
  by NHV 669

Sporadically. Based on demand, and CSX's ability to move freight there "when they feel like it". Although it's generally 5-7 cars at a time, based on reports in that thread.
  by GP40MC1118

There is one car coming early next week...

D
  by craven

Thanks GP40MC1118,

I swing by Tuesday ~ 11:30 to see if the CSX 731 drops it off on their way to Framingham.