• Train Missing From Website/App Schedule

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by quadrock

I was looking at schedules when I noticed an oddity. Train 1000 (the 6:06 AM from Lake Hopatcong to Hoboken) appears to be missing from both the website and the app when looking at schedules. As far as I know, this train has not been cancelled and appears in the PDF timetable, both the current and the one showing the upcoming 6/3 schedule change). Is anyone else seeing this? I am curious if this is just a website/app bug or if this train has actually been cut.
  by trainster78

The train might be temporarily cut because of the equipment shortages NJT is currently having. Have you physically seen this service since you stopped seeing it on the app?
  by quadrock

I have not physically seen it, but it still shows up on DepartureVision for what it's worth. It is also not on the cancellation list and I haven't seen any alerts that it is cancelled.
  by trainster78

If it’s on departure vision it should be good then
  by quadrock

I'll chalk it up to a website issue in that case. You'd think with only five eastbound trains in the morning, they would be careful to actually advertise all five!
  by quadrock

I don't know exactly when it returned, but I checked today and all five trains, including the 6:06 AM from Lake Hopatcong is showing up again (both in the current schedule and the 6/4 PTC schedule). Sounds like someone at NJ Transit finally realized it was missing.
  by kilroy

Transit must have seen your post. :P
  by quadrock

There are a few Transit employees on this board so you never know!