• All aboard the New Zealand Love Train

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

by David Benton

thamls John,this is the Taieri gorge train, it goes through a stunning gorge. They wouldn't have seen anything at night of course, and had their minds on other scenery. My patrner, kids and I rode this in November. It is rather similar to the Durango and silverton train , to our American readers. Diesel hauled though . http://www.dunedinrailways.co.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Rural nz is a problem for single people looking for love. The pubs are the only real nightlife, and they tend to be a bit of a male preserve. Nzers attitude to casual dating , and friendships is a bit immature compared to Europe and the USA. As you probably get from the article , platonic friendships between the sexes are quite rare, going out with someone is usually with the attention of hooking up long term, with the associated pressures, and perhaps disappointments. Many partnerships develop at work , as it is one of the few places the different sexes intermingle , without the main reason been to hook up .
  by johnthefireman

David Benton wrote:It is rather similar to the Durango and silverton train
I've ridden the Durango and Silverton twice, once back in the mid-nineties and once in about 2003, I think. A great experience. The first time we used the train to get into the wilderness and then did a few days backpacking. When you're ready to leave you flag down the train again.