• Photo location help please

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by nydepot

Where in Fremont NH was this shot taken? It appears the lumber company is gone. I couldn't make out any clues in Google Maps. Thanks.

Charles
img307.jpg
  by arthur d.

Right where the line crossed rte 107. I believe the brick structure still exists.
If you go to google maps, zoom in on Fremont public library, Find Jackie Bernier drive or whatever it is, and you'll find a street view of that brick building.
  by nydepot

Thank you. I was looking further up 107.
  by b&m 1566

Click here to see the present day photos of it. The glare of the sun doesn't help but as mentioned already the building is still standing.
  by Hux

So Bernier is pretty much the old ROW.
  by arthur d.

Bernier parallels the ROW, the actual track was on the other side of the brick building.
  by Hux

Ok, so this shot is looking south.
  by eustis22

There is an old rr xing sign on that road. Saw it in the dark while doing some craigslisting in Fremont. I mean to go check it out. WN&P?
  by b&m 1566

Hux wrote:Ok, so this shot is looking south.
Yes the pictures is facing south. Jackie Bernier Dr. would be to the left of the engines.
  by arthur d.

eustis22 wrote:There is an old rr xing sign on that road. Saw it in the dark while doing some craigslisting in Fremont. I mean to go check it out. WN&P?
You might be thinking of Martin road. There was a cross buck there at Peterson's farm for years.
Yes, this was the WN&P.
Shortly after the state established the trail, I rode it with a mountain bike. For some reason I remember the ROW going around the other side of the station. Maybe I'm thinking of Sandown. Any rate, I snapped a photo of the station recently and will post it as soon as I figure out how.