• 2017 Customer Satisfaction Survey

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Commuter X

So this morning on my trip in, someone that the LIRR hired presents me with this survey and a small pencil to complete it.
I usually chat with my friends and read the paper on the way in

However, I found myself in a curious mood and looked at the survey

104 questions printed in small typeface !!!
No option to complete it on-line. It needs to be mailed in

I suspect this is another waste of money by the MTA/LIRR and I would wager that the number of completed surveys will underwhelm the department that handles this
  by Morisot

Well if 90 percent of the people who DO respond say they want cinnamon potpourri in every car ---- don't complain!

Maybe you can drop the survey off at your station and save the 49 cents postage.
  by Commuter X

I'd settle for no blue ooze coming out of the bathrooms on the old M3's

Postage is prepaid -- so no need for a stamp
  by Morisot

LOL, I must say, I won't even sit in any of the cars with a bathroom (for the uninitiated--that is every-other car!) I would rather stand for 40 minutes!
  by mkm4

Commuter X wrote:I suspect this is another waste of money by the MTA/LIRR and I would wager that the number of completed surveys will underwhelm the department that handles this
They do it every year. Many are filled out on the train.
It doesn't take that long to complete.
  by tahawus84

Are they actually going to fix any of the issues? Do they really need a survey to know that the communication is horrible, switches, signals and amtrak are the fault of all the delays and all the diesel coaches seats are covered with duct tape?