• Prospects of being a CSX new hire conductor in Massachusetts

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by SlotCanyoneer

Amtrak Locomotive Engineer,
I am still with the federal government. I have given up on CSX as it simply doesn't seem to be a smart decision given the new CEO taking over. Also they abolished the conductor position I applied for anyway. I have applied to several other jobs with Keolis but at this point I have been shot down by them. I have applied to a number of Amtrak jobs in Boston as well. So far the applications seem to still be under review online. I have taken the online assessments but have heard nothing yet. No complaints from me as I do make a decent salary at 56k a year and I'm also offered quite a bit of OT at work. Also the benefits aren't too shabby being a federal employee. I think I will keep crossing my fingers that I will hear from Amtrak as I think they would be my best choice.