• Are you guys into politics?

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

What political party do you most identify with?

Strong Democrat
50%
Lean Democrat
No votes
0%
Lean Republican
50%
Strong Republican (because who needs Amtrak, anyway)
No votes
0%
I don't know the difference between the two parties
No votes
0%
  by dudeursistershot

Just wondering. I'm a 16 year old railfan and I am, so I figured I'd make a poll... These days, rail is pretty much a political issue anyway, with the current administration trying to get rid of Amtrak and supporting BRT in place of rail... So, see the poll below...

by jogden

this can get complicated. on social issues i consides myself conservative....but in money issues, i am more in the middle. for example, i think everyone should get the money the get, and not be taxed more cuz they get more. but then there are things like amtrak...i use it very frequently, and i can see that the governement wants to save some money for the citizens (or thats the theory), but i cant justify killing Amtrak, because it really wouldnt save much money. the money spent on amtrak is barely a drop in the bucket when compared to the money the government has, and even compared to some things, like the war in iraq, it is pennies. i think if the government really wants to save money, they ought to find something else to cut....something that costs A LOT more.

by dudeursistershot

Well, I'm definately a strong Democrat... On social issues, I'm as liberal as they come, I'm pro-choice, pro-marriage equality, anti-PATRIOT Act, I'm even pro-marijuana legalization.

On foreign policy, I'm a pragmatic liberal, I'm not a hippie who thinks we should never go to war (there are very few people who actually think that anyway), I just think that if we go to war it should be for a reason. There is no reason for us to be in Iraq, at all, IMO.

On economic issues, I'm a bit more moderate, I realize that organized labor goes way too far sometimes (like with the MBTA) but still think places like Wal-Mart ought to be unionized. I believe in free markets and free trade, but I certainly see the merits of some degree of regulation, especially environmental regulation. And I think that trickle down economics is just plain ridiculous.

Also, I'm a smart growth and public transit advocate, and I think big box stores, highways and sprawl are destroying this country.

I think the religious right is one of the biggest threats to America right now, and I'm an atheist personally. On balance I am a strong Democrat, without question.

by TAMR213

I'm a Libertarian.

Closed.