• Wrecked MBTA Commuter Rail Equipment

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by StefanW

Just passed by that set of CEFX hoppers, some box cars, and 1812 at the end... it's all sitting on the GTI yard 21 track at FX. I was too slow to get a photo as we passed it. Anyone going by on an Eastern route trip or Haverhill line should be able to see it.
  by StefanW

Today in that same spot is coach 747 in the middle of a set of hoppers, scrap metal and other freight. I searched for '747' but can't find anything. Was it in an accident or is it a planned overhaul?
  by StefanW

Found my answer.
http://www.transithistory.org/roster/ wrote:Kawasaki overhaul program, Alstom - Hornell NY
Not sure if it's going out or coming back though.
  by RenegadeMonster

just like the patriots in their new 767
  by sery2831

1812 was in a South Hampton St yard derailment. 1813 was in a collision on the Old Colony with a pick up truck.
  by RenegadeMonster

1813 is now listed out of service and awaiting car body repairs?

Not sure exactly what that entails. Exterior damage or interior. Anyone know what happened?

Edit: Just saw above after posted. When was that collision?
  by Trinnau

Last edited by CRail on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed.