Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by AlexBuff

7express_mainST.jpg
This was taken a few weeks ago, but I don't see it anymore. I still see the LED Circle \ Diamond on one train 7 Line. I heard that it was a test phase and that eventually the LED sign will replace the old wore out signs. Anyone else see this sign? Any info?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
  by Backshophoss

Was that set of cars modded by CRRC to test newer styles of LED signage?
  by AlexBuff

I don’t think so, I read that it was made in house by an engineering team. Looks dam good! Has anyone else seen it? I’ve seen on two links the Circle/Diamond LED sign over the old LCD display, must be a testing thing for the bigger sign.
  by tommyboy6181

It looks like a really nice improvement over the existing signs
  by AlexBuff

I saw the sign again, looks really good. Its clear and distinguishable from far away.
  by ExCon90

What is the significance of the green circle on the side sign? I'm familiar with the red displayed on the front regardless of line, but I'm wondering about the green.
  by ExCon90

Yes, but my question was why green in this instance instead of red?
  by GirlOnTheTrain

Because that's how they make the signs? The 62s were the same way.

I heard that before they installed these and the 188s came to the 7 with the 142 style side signs people got confused because they were so used to the green circle vs. red diamond thing, but that might just be hearsay.