Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by Majinvegeta

Is this real???

by Robert Paniagua

First, the R46 V Train photo is nothing new, the V line has always used R46 coaches (or R44s) since it's 12/01 debut.

As for the R68 A train, I hope it's true, they should run those cars more on the C and E lines, they are both completely underground as I said in another thread, and ought to be swapped with the R32 & R38 to run on the open-air A line and the Rockaway Park Shuttle.

by Majinvegeta

the R46 V train i put that to see if it ever ran on an Elevated line. Wondering if thats true

by Robert Paniagua

Yeah, it is and it has, it's gone on open air before IIRC.

by Majinvegeta

i was wondering if that R68a A rollsign was made by paint shop pro. what do u think??

by Guest

They already put R86's on the A? The R160's didn't even come yet.

by li7039

the 68 is photoshoped if you zoom in you can see that a yellow rool sign is posted

by Guest

what do you mean?

by Robert Paniagua

It means that the photo has been, in other words, doctored. Which is not too good.......

by Guest

yeah, I can see that, the A sign on the top looks a little bit fake, also the silver thing around te doors windows look like the ones on the R-46. But R68/A's are really going to be on the A once the R-160 comes

by Majinvegeta

ahh well that makes alot of sense now :-) its impossible to have them running on the A so early in the stage