• Subway Delay Reports and Discussion (2011-2017)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Type 7 3684

I passed by BC today and saw crews fixing what seemed to be a broken rail. The C branch encountered a wire problem today which seems to just be clearing up now. They were doing some wire work near the Reservoir yard too.
  by Adams_Umass_Boston

Blue Line experiencing severe delays in both directions due to a power problem at Maverick Station.

Last updated: Sep 08 2016 08:19 AM
  by KevinSun242

Green line E branch suspended this morning on the street-running portion due to an accident... turns out a trolley grazed the side of a fire truck as it was trying to sneak by. Hopefully it wasn't one of the newly rebuilt ones.
  by Type 7 3684

I'm on 3649 right now. The leading car of the set (3811) got one of its doors jammed causing a 10 minute delay at north station. They had to get the operator of both 3649 and 3811 plus and inspector and the operator of the train behind us to fix it. Currently there are eastbound delays due to this.
  by Adams_Umass_Boston

"Shuttle buses replacing Green Line service from Kenmore Station to Park Street Station due to disabled train."
  by The EGE

Sounds like a derailment at Copley, no injuries.
  by Type 7 3684

I believe 3836 was the one that derailed.
  by deathtopumpkins

Apparently the MBTA has updated the in-station delay announcements again. At least on the Orange Line.

This morning I got a T-Alert for minor delays, and then when I got to Sullivan the announcement playing every minute or so was a male computer voice reading "Attention customers: The Orange Line is running with 10 to 15 minute delays in service."
  by DaWolf85

Red Line has been experiencing delays to varying degrees today due to a 'signal problem at Harvard'. Only around 5PM was the issue posted to T-Alerts, but I heard the same delay announcement this morning at about 8 AM while I was catching a train at Harvard, so I suspect it's been continuous throughout the day.
  by deathtopumpkins

Medical emergency on a southbound train a few minutes after 8 at North Station this morning. EMTs were called, and southbound service was halted for about 40 minutes (northbound for maybe 20).

Made for a fun commute.
  by deathtopumpkins

Boy, the Red Line's just having a field day today, isn't it?

3 separate disabled train incidents and police activity!