• Collecting Railroad Postcards

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by NYCUticaSyracuse81

Any NY state railroad Postcard collectors out there? Looking for fellow enthusiasts to trade with, or possibly exchange most wanted lists. Thanks.

-CNYrailroadnut
  by Noel Weaver

Thank you for posting the link to some excellent post cards, I've enjoyed looking at some of them. I have a few post cards in my collection but not a large number of them. I think there are a good number of post card collectors. I remember one old timer in Connecticut who had a huge collection of them. They might well have quite a bit of value to them too. My big item is timetables and more timetables.
Noel Weaver
  by NYCUticaSyracuse81

Glad you enjoyed the postcard collection. I'm amazed at how many I've acquired since I started collecting back in 2010. I have a few timetables myself, but my specialty is Postcards. There was a guy selling of his deceased father's PC collection from Munnsville, NY. It was incredible! I was able to afford a few gems from time to time, but many went for $50-100! Feel free to email or send a private message, or anyone else for that matter if you want to exchange want lists. I collect anything pertaining to NY state railroads, particularly postcards from Oneida, Madison, Oswego & Onondaga counties.
  by NYCUticaSyracuse81

Just thought that I'd throw out some postcards on my most wanted list. I am looking for the following stations

NYC Holland Patent, NY
NYC/West Shore Georgetown, NY
NYC McConnellsville, NY
NYC Lyons Falls, NY
NYC Mexico, NY
Lehigh Valley Cazenovia, NY
Lehigh Valley Vienna, NY
Lehigh Valley Sylvan Beach
NYC/O & W Central Square
NYC/ West Shore Manlius, NY
NYC/West Shore Erieville, NY
NYC Pulaski, NY
NYC Westdale, NY
NYC Williamstown, NY
NYC Forestport, NY
NYC Oriskany, NY
NYC White lake/woo gate
West Shore Canajoharie, NY
NYC Cigarville/Clay, NY
West Shore Speakers, NY
NYC Big Moose
L&B.R. Beaver Falls, NY
NYC Chittenango, NY
NYC Taberg/Blossvale, NY

That's all I can think of at the moment. Thanks, CNYrailroadnut
  by dansapo

I feel your pain...I collect anything near Martisco or M&OL...
  by dansapo

Well..I do maintain a facebook page dedicated to the M&OL. So my focus is mainly the Marcellus & Otisco Lake Railway or their boat the Fontney. They had a series of rppc produced around 1907-08.But I would also like to see the trolley line that also had a station just up the hill from the M&OL station in Marcellus
  by Richard1

I have about 500 New York State Railroad postcards and I have two blogs:
CNYMOD.Blogspot.com with over 600 New York State railroad postcards
trolleycards.blogspot.com with several hundred New York State trolleys.
I have written about 20 books on local railroads and am librarian-archivist for the Central NY Chapter, NRHS. Come to our meetings once in awhile at the Art & Home Center at the New York State Fairgrounds, 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m.
Richard Palmer
  by RichCoffey

Wow great Flicker collection! Love the old station photos and the abandoned ROW photos. I am sure a lot of time went into it all - thanks for sharing!