• Intro & Question regarding Amtrak Employment

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by MattJ91

Hello fellow Train Enthusiasts,

My Name is Matthew, and I am currently a student in ELAC (East Los Angeles College). A little about myself, I was born & grew up in the North East Part of Los Angeles. I often love to hike, travel, workout in the gym, and overall meet new people.

Aside from being a Student I applied for Amtrak a couple months back and was able to pass the screening and the assessment portion. Unfourtunely, for the "Battery testing" (meeting in person) I didnt... BUT I was told I will be re-eligible to retake the test in 3months(approaching soon)

I joined this forum in the hopes into finding more information on being an Amtrak Conductor and more importantly whether it will be possible to pursue my other goal into enlisting in the USMC as a reservist. What I mean if I could enlist in the USMC(Reservists) and be Amtrak conductor the same time?

Thank You,

-Matthew