• ** CN RAIL TRACK MAINTAINER **

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by ScottMcM

Hey,

I recently applied to be a track maintainer with CN RAIL. Passed all the online tests and what not, then was invited over for a screening and information session, followed by pre requisite testing and a possible interview. I've confirmed my attendance, and have been trying to get hold of my HR lady to ask her a couple questions, but no such luck getting a reply. I've tried contacting the general HR team, but all emails I send are bounced back as spam. I have a couple questions that pertain to the job, and I'd really like a little insight before I go too far out of my way, or get my expectations too high. I'm not sure if the info/screening session is another one of a million hoops to jump through, or what the over all process is. Any insight would be wonderful.

1. What is the overall hiring process? After the pre requisite testing and possible interview, what can I expect?
2. What are the shifts? I have no issue working away from home, but a general idea as to what I'd be working would be handy to know.
3. What is the wage? Working away from home is one thing, but working away from home for $30K a year is another. It's gotta be worth it.
4. What is the pre requisite testing? I'm assuming drug/alcohol?

Any and all insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Scott
  by MAGNUS&C.N.R.

Did you go? and how was your intake?
  by Railroader2016

Help PLEASE.

Do anyone know the salary range(hourly or annually) for a CN Rail Track Maintainer? Also how long do they take to get in touch? My status has been "Online test results:Passed" since I submitted my application March 16/17?

Any info would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks n advance.