Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by burlington nothern 9903

is 411 coming back like 409 did or is 411 a lost cause. I know there was a ton of damage but it would still be nice to see it come back. Is it in bosie or chicago or a boneyard dose anybody know.

by byte

Boise still has it, and it will probably come back by the end of the year ... My guess is that they're probably picking away at it when their shop forces have the time, in between other work orders.

by AmtrakFan

byte wrote:Boise still has it, and it will probably come back by the end of the year ... My guess is that they're probably picking away at it when their shop forces have the time, in between other work orders.
They have other important to do like repairing Amtrak's P42 they get.

by metraRI

411 shouldn't be too much longer considering 409 was done 4 months ago. Boise is also building 5 MP36's for New Mexico, which are supposed to be delivered sometime this year as well.

by AmtrakFan

Kyle,
MPI takes for ever some of Amtrak's Units that previously used MPI for there for 6-7 Months before they were back in service.

by metraRI

It has probably been over 7 months for 411 all ready. Considering they can build 5 MP36PH-3C's in less than a year, I don't think it will be much longer for 411.

by Amtrak31

I can't wait for 411 to come back. The first day it comes back, I'll be out getting photos.