• If I'm certified for the job, why wasn't I interviewed?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by abc8251

gp80mac wrote:Honestly, keep applying, and while you wait - go learn a trade. Then you can apply for a railroad job in a non-T&E department. Make as much money, and have more of a life.
Yeah, that's what I've been hearing lol. It sounds as if your life as a T&E crew belongs to the railroad.
  by Marnos

abc8251 wrote:
8th Notch wrote:Keep trying is all I can say! Unfortunately the certification you received from Modoc can mean little to nothing in a class 1's eyes since they still are going to school you and you really aren't considered "experienced" even though you may bear a cndr cert card.
Thanks for your insights. I got a rejection email today from NS about an interview last week :( The job was in a great location. I had a good feeling about this one too. I talked about being the safest employee, never taking chances or short cuts. I wish I knew exactly what they're looking for! They won't tell you either. I do get the feeling they want veterans. Maybe Modoc is hurting me. It's frustrating because I've seen people get hired right out of high school at 18. Oh well, maybe the interview with the Class II will come through. I'm almost ready to pursue another field entirely. I wonder what becoming a pilot is like.
Yeah, I am going through that too. I AM a military veteran with a college degree from Ohio State University. Once more, I have been working an on call 24/7 schedule doing oil field work for the last few years.

I thought I had what they were looking for but NS just keeps rejecting me time after time after time. My thought is to take a job that will give me more experience in what they are looking for, in the mean time with regards to conductors. However, I am kind of lost as to what they are looking for.

Its very discouraging.