• NJ Transit MultiLEVEL Cars in Newark Freight Yard

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by njsteelersfan

So was driving on the turnpike today and saw about 5-6 nj transit double deckers sitting in the Conrail yard in Newark. Anybody know the deal with them
  by CNJGeep

Probably heading to or from warranty work on NS.
  by mohawkrailfan

Would that work be in Plattsburgh? La Pocatière?

I'd get a real kick out of seeing NJ Transit cars rolling through a freight line in upstate New York.
  by waldwickrailfan

I saw 2 NJT cars (7248, 7010) in Allentown yard (Allentown,PA) yesterday. They supposedly came east on 18G today to Fantasy Island...I mean Oak Island yard in Newark,NJ
  by njsteelersfan

Thanks. Heading up that way next week. Would be cool to see then on the track.
  by kilroy

waldwickrailfan wrote:I saw 2 NJT cars (7248, 7010) in Allentown yard (Allentown,PA) yesterday. They supposedly came east on 18G today to Fantasy Island...I mean Oak Island yard in Newark,NJ
They were on the very end of 18G. I got shots at Aldene.
  by mohawkrailfan

Yesterday afternoon I was on the Lehigh River Gorge and I saw NS pulling at least two NJ Transit MLVs along the river. Are they are on their way back to revenue service?
  by waldwickrailfan

mohawkrailfan wrote:Yesterday afternoon I was on the Lehigh River Gorge and I saw NS pulling at least two NJ Transit MLVs along the river. Are they are on their way back to revenue service?
yes
  by cobra30689

sullivan1985 wrote:The cars with NS via Allentown and Binghamton for the Bath & Hammondsport Railroad in Kanona, NY. They are being delivered for truck overhauls.

A while back I passed a CSX freight on the RF&P in Alexandria, VA with a few ML's in the consist headed north to S. Kearny. Any idea where they would have come from?
  by waldwickrailfan

cobra30689 wrote:
sullivan1985 wrote:The cars with NS via Allentown and Binghamton for the Bath & Hammondsport Railroad in Kanona, NY. They are being delivered for truck overhauls.

A while back I passed a CSX freight on the RF&P in Alexandria, VA with a few ML's in the consist headed north to S. Kearny. Any idea where they would have come from?
CSX mistakenly put them on the wrong train (Q409) to Waycross,GA. So they sent it back north on Q410 to Selkirk, then south to Fantasy Island on Q433
  by nick11a

waldwickrailfan wrote:
cobra30689 wrote:

CSX mistakenly put them on the wrong train (Q409) to Waycross,GA. So they sent it back north on Q410 to Selkirk, then south to Fantasy Island on Q433
Haha. Whoops.