• District 2 Dispatch feed at Broadcastify

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by ereuter

For those of you in D2 territory, I've set up a feed of the dispatch channel at Broadcastify:

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/19959/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Road channel is also dialed in, but you won't hear anything unless they're in Portsmouth (receiver is in Kittery).

Enjoy!
  by strangelyamused

Wow! Thank you so much!!! Does anyone know if something like this is setup for district 3?
  by ereuter

My pleasure. Be aware that there is about a 45 sec delay, so it should be used for precision foaming.
  by BostonUrbEx

Was this easy to set up? Is it set up via a standard, hand-held, portable scanner? May do one for Boston East and Boston Terminal.
  by ereuter

You need a receiver/scanner to receive the signal, and a computer to take the audio from the scanner and send it to the server. I'm using a $40 Baofeng UV-5R as a receiver, and a Raspberry Pi running Darkice to encode the stream. You can use a regular computer, though, as long as it's on all the time. Since D2 transmits from several locations, I built an external antenna and put it outside (copper pipe J-pole), but as long as you can receive what you want with a whip, you can certainly use that.
  by ereuter

With the new antenna, I was able to hear DO-1/384 all the way from Rockingham the other day.
  by WN&P

Thanks for setting this up, every day has been "bring your scanner to work day" for the last few weeks. I've been able hear crews from as far as haverill so far