• ED495

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by riffian

Does this train (or something similar) still run on a regular basis?
  by newpylong

No. EDPO takes local traffic as needed. They'll also run a 495 extra as needed.
  by riffian

Thanks for the quick response. Is EDPO blocked at East Deerfield for setouts, West to East, or do they have to dig them out as they go?
  by BostonUrbEx

riffian wrote:Thanks for the quick response. Is EDPO blocked at East Deerfield for setouts, West to East, or do they have to dig them out as they go?
East Deerfield is a classification yard, so by it's very nature, every train should come out blocked.
  by WN&P

I remember when I used to live in Nashua occasionally ECTs would tack on 495ED - or guess back then it might have still been the NAED - cars southbound. I'm assuming that doesn't happen often, if at all, as it is probably kind of a no-no on contracted unit trains?