• "Up North" Gawking (District 1 sightings)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by KSmitty

POWA 377, 335, 603, 313, 317, 3001 +75 if my count was right, east and clear of 147 at 11:40.

In tow
1 TBOX,
5 or 6 grain cars (I'm not sure what TCMX 12418 is used for)
4 AIMX scrap gons,
14 highcubes,
3 slurry cars with a 4th slurry looking tank clearly labeld Sodium Hydroxide,
14 empty centerbeams,
3 unplacarded .111A's, and finally
4 for Moosehead Breweries, 2 CyroTrans and 2 HLMX maroons.
  by Bulkheadflat

Is that definitely Moosehead beer they are hauling ? I've heard mixed reports over the years that it could also possibly be European beer coming thru the Eastern Canada ports, possibly Guiness, but have also heard Moosehead...
  by carchecker

It's Moosehead. They have a huge warehouse where they load the cars at the Dever Road yard in Saint John.
  by CN9634

carchecker wrote:It's Moosehead. They have a huge warehouse where they load the cars at the Dever Road yard in Saint John.
Kegs. I have pictures somewhere...
  by BM6569

PORU with 511,313,503 and a short train was sitting at Fairgrounds east around 6PM today. I think they may have been waiting for RUPO to take the siding.
  by fogg1703

newpylong wrote: That's because Moosehead brews Guiness for North America
Only until June. Big layoffs coming to Moosehead after they lost the Guiness contract. Unfortunately look for traffic to decline from Moosehead.
  by newpylong

Already did a long time ago for rail, won't effect traffic base that much. We used to have solid blocks of a dozen for CSX.
  by 690

WA-2 with the 334, 316 and 310 are currently heading east around Pittsfield (should be around MP 95 by now) with 105 empty boxcars.
  by hh660

11:25 AM, 5.19.15
Pan Am 330 heading west past Mountain Branch with 4 empty ballast hoppers.
  by hh660

2:05 pm Wednesday
pan am 354 heading east past Mountain Division with 5 tall gons and 6 covered hopppers. Cement cars?
S
  by hh660

5:05pm, 5.20.15
Pan Am 1 and 2 with two passenger cars in tow heading west past Mountain Division
S
  by gokeefe

hh660 wrote:2:05 pm Wednesday
pan am 354 heading east past Mountain Division with 5 tall gons and 6 covered hopppers. Cement cars?
S
No probably covered hoppers of perlite for Chemrock on Maine Eastern. The tall gondolas would be for Grimmels on the Lewiston Industrial Track. Sounds like you caught DO-1 enroute to Brunswick.