• Loosing 2 maybe 4 UPS trains to the NS?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by videobruce

It looks as the mess in NYS and now into Ohio is going to cost the RR at least two UPS trains and possible four to the NS!
http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12961

Interesting, Ingram comes to CSX and UPS leaves for NS! :wink:

by washingtonsecondary

Its possible, I just heard that there is an NS train (243) that is a UPS train. Rumor is that Q169 was abolished.

by n01jd1

What do you expect with CSX's drag freight mentality. You cannot expect to keep a customer like UPS when you treat their high priority freight the same way you would treat an empty coal train.

by videobruce

160 & 169 will be handed over to/from the NS at Berea. This is a trial/test period. Unknown if more will be affected and for how long.
Not quit sure why it is there except that would nean the trains going over the old PRR at Drawbridge.

by CSX Conductor

n01jd1 wrote:What do you expect with CSX's drag freight mentality. You cannot expect to keep a customer like UPS when you treat their high priority freight the same way you would treat an empty coal train.
Or giving a trash train the single track instead of the hot UPS train during Christmas time!!! :-(

by videobruce

Must be another RR, couldn't/wouldn't happen here.......... :wink:

Well, I guess it didn't last long since these trains seem to be back, but it might be only on certain days (as he writes in pencil again).

by njt4172

Heard the UPS trains will only be detoured via NS to Berea on Tues/Wed/Thursdays... All other days I think he takes the normal CSX routing......