• Local Job To Bloomsbury

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by CNJ Fan 4evr

Does NS still deliver/pick up cars from the plastics plant in Bloomsbury NJ on the old CNJ main? How often does that job run? I only ever caught that job once ,15 years ago under CR. As you can tell by my user name, any time I can get something on the less-used sections of the CNJ it's a good thing.
Just missed the local up in Northhampton. PA. today. Been wishing for that for years.
  by ns3010

Nope, the Central Running Track no longer sees any trains. The only time I saw a local switching the plant you mention was in 2004. No idea when service to the plant (and thus the line, along with it) ended.
  by Kaback9

ns3010 wrote:Nope, the Central Running Track no longer sees any trains. The only time I saw a local switching the plant you mention was in 2004. No idea when service to the plant (and thus the line, along with it) ended.
To add to that after the customer closed up. NS was storing gondolas on the Central until early 2010.
  by blockline4180

Kaback9 wrote:
ns3010 wrote:Nope, the Central Running Track no longer sees any trains. The only time I saw a local switching the plant you mention was in 2004. No idea when service to the plant (and thus the line, along with it) ended.
To add to that after the customer closed up. NS was storing gondolas on the Central until early 2010.

Yup, and we might see that again with another big downturn in the economy... I wouldn't rule it out.
  by anti-hammie

That customer moved out onto the C&F Secondary near Fogelsville, PA for more accessible rail service.
  by CNJ Fan 4evr

I know there was a fire at the old Wedco plant a few years back. I live only 5 miles away and haven't followed the RR stuff in over 10 years. I only ever saw a train on that line twice. Once in '89 and in 1997 I got one on video.
  by Conrailfan2323

CNJ Fan 4evr wrote:I know there was a fire at the old Wedco plant a few years back. I live only 5 miles away and haven't followed the RR stuff in over 10 years. I only ever saw a train on that line twice. Once in '89 and in 1997 I got one on video.
Is it possible that you can post the video?