• West Seneca and Abbott Road stations

• Discussion relating to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western, the Erie, and the resulting 1960 merger creating the Erie Lackawanna. Visit the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society at http://www.erielackhs.org/.
Discussion relating to the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western, the Erie, and the resulting 1960 merger creating the Erie Lackawanna. Visit the Erie Lackawanna Historical Society at http://www.erielackhs.org/.

Moderator: blockline4180

by Roadgeek Adam

Howdy.

So I am up in Kenmore, NY for a month with my parents (while away from Jersey). However, I am wasting no time being out photographing more Erie sites. I finished off the Lockport Branch last week and I have been slowly working on the Buffalo Division and the Buffalo and Southwestern. The problem is Historic Aerials, various topographics and other sites I rely on don't seem to give me straight answers on to the site of both stations.

If someone is aware of where these were and if not they are the same station. The "West Seneca" station would be in Lackawanna because there is no way it is nearby. I was guessing something to like Ridge Road for West Seneca, but rather than continue to rack sources, I am wondering if people know. (I already have the entire line scoped out otherwise from Babcock Street to Conewango (and have photographed Blasdell, Big Tree, Hamburg original, Hamburg (post-1922), Eden Center and North Collins).
  by map193

Welcome back to the area! I can not tell you where the station was in West Seneca, but I can tell you that Lackawanna was a part of West Seneca until 1909 or so. So having that in mind I would think that the stations were one in the same. When you head out to shoot some pictures if you head past Conewango to Waterboro Junction there is still a small shack standing next to the B&SW row that is visible from the 394 overpass if you are interested in shooting that. Good luck shooting your pictures, things should look pretty with the fresh snow Hope to see them soon.
  by Roadgeek Adam

map193 wrote:Welcome back to the area! I can not tell you where the station was in West Seneca, but I can tell you that Lackawanna was a part of West Seneca until 1909 or so. So having that in mind I would think that the stations were one in the same. When you head out to shoot some pictures if you head past Conewango to Waterboro Junction there is still a small shack standing next to the B&SW row that is visible from the 394 overpass if you are interested in shooting that. Good luck shooting your pictures, things should look pretty with the fresh snow Hope to see them soon.
One of the maps I use is from 1923, and that still marks the station as West Seneca, but yeah, it would fall in Lackawanna. I've not had any ability to get out more due to bicycle issues and weather.