• Air Products to ship another giant gas chiller

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
  by Schuylkill Valley

Hi all,
This is from the Pottstown Mercury newspaper .

One of the state`s biggest exports - in sheer bulk - rolls down the rails of eastern Pennsylvania this week to a Delaware River port, where it will be shipped overseas for a role in easing the nation`s natural gas shortage.
The Huge Cargo, which looks like a rocket more then hafe of a football field , is the latest liquid natural gas heat exchanger to leave Air Products Co.`s cryogenic equipment plant in Wilkses-Barre,Pa.
The 180-foot-long, 15-foot diameter cylinder made of Aluminum tubing and valves engineered into super efficient refrigeration circuits.

Len.

by metman499

Len, any idea on when this move would be made? Also where in Wilkes-Barre would it be shipped from. If possible I would like to try and catch it by the old CNJ station. Thanks

by Schuylkill Valley

Hi 499,
I really don`t know when it will be shiped . But if its coming from Wilks- barre , theres a good chance R&N would be moving it down to Lehgihton ,for N&S to get it to take it the rest of the way .

Call R&N up , 610-526-2102

That`s all I can tell you ,

Len.

by metman499

Well, I missed it. My friend told me it left Lehighton today on NS bound for Manville,