• CSX light move on the L.V.

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by myfavscr

Everyday at around 4pm I see the same 2 CSX locos running light WB on the Lehigh Valley through Roselle Park station. Since it is obvious that these units had to have come EB at some point earlier in the day my question is, are they an extra and what is their origination point? Maybe out of Manville? Thanks!
  by waldwickrailfan

myfavscr wrote:Everyday at around 4pm I see the same 2 CSX locos running light WB on the Lehigh Valley through Roselle Park station. Since it is obvious that these units had to have come EB at some point earlier in the day my question is, are they an extra and what is their origination point? Maybe out of Manville? Thanks!
That is CSX C761. It picks up cars in Manville bound for Oak Island, brings them east, then return west light. It only runs as needed though
  by myfavscr

Thanks! It has been pretty frequent the past week.
  by wolfboy8171981

The CSX has reestablished their C761 ( ex CR WPMA10). There is a customer loading contaminated soil again at the very east end of the Ex- RDG Main past the Waterworks Rd Xing. This is CSX work. After doing their work the C761 assembles the CSX account outbounds and takes them to Oak Island, and returns lite ( or with Manville's that might be in Oak Island, last night they had 5 cars returning). This helps Q300 as he does not have to make a pick up after he sets out.