• PRR Columbus-New Paris OH Routes

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by CPF363

In the hay-days of the old PRR, they had two main lines between Columbus and New Paris, OH. One line went Columbus-Xenia-Dayton-New Paris while the other went Columbus-Bradford-Greenville-New Paris. Which line had more freight traffic on it, both through freight and local and were both lines double track and signaled? Were either line subjected to any grades significant curves? The line through Bradford was part of the old Panhandle mainline from Columbus to Chicago via Logansport, IN; did this line have a significant amount of through freight traffic also? Did the PRR route Pittsburgh and Columbus traffic to Indianapolis and St. Louis traffic primarily via Dayton or was it sent via Bradford?
  by pumpers

I think you are in the wrong forum. THis one is for general railroad info in the state of PA.
Under the Fallen Flags section on the main page, there is another forum for PRR history. JS
  by lvrr325

Either forum is correct, I see both old and new discussed on the NY board.
  by pumpers

lvrr325 wrote:Either forum is correct, I see both old and new discussed on the NY board.
CPF is asking about routes in western and central Ohio, not PA. More likely to get a reader who knows an answer in the PRR forum than in a general state of PA forum.
  by lvrr325

The state forums generally see more views because they're further up than the fallen flag forums, some of which go for months without new posts.
  by ExCon90

I think pumpers' point was that the question related to Ohio, not Pennsylvania, and thus would have been more appropriate in the Midwestern Railfan forum (which hasn't seen a post since March 6).