• The Honorary Nonsense 7277 Sideswipe Where's Cruiser Thread

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by MBTA1016

I have allergies(exactly what to, I couldn't tell u) but I'm fine watching trains.
  by runningwithscalpels

My allergies aren't killing me...yet.

But alas, it's time to stock up on my allergy drug cocktail: Claritin 10mg, and if I can't head it off with that, then Benadryl 25mg and Sudafed 30mg (the good stuff you have to provide ID for...not the Sudafed PE garbage, that doesn't work). Over-stimulated as hell with that, but it's literally THE ONLY THING that works when I'm a sniffly sneezing congested mess.
  by MBTA1016

Mine are only felt in the morning. I'm generally fine after that. Yes I know it sounds odd lol.
  by BigDell

zyrtec dissolve-tabs... that's the magic for my allergies. In the old days I used to have to get steroid shots, my hay-fever was so bad. But as I got older it's mellowed out considerably. I also eat the local honey (seriously) and that seems to help (or at least it's a good placebo). Considering one of my favorite train-watching haunts is in a very GREEN park (Oak Ridge Park, along the LV line) this time of year is absolutely killer for allergies.
  by runningwithscalpels

The honey thing is legit, supposedly it helps you build up immunity to things that are hanging around locally.
  by 4400Washboard

My allergies stab my eyes out not much longer after I step outside and the trees shove corks up my nose. What's worse is knowing what pollen's human equivalent is...
  by MBTA1016

Honey does wonders for me with a sore throat that cough drops can't match. Btw honey is just good anyway :)
  by morris&essex4ever

Those honey bees are invaluable aren't they?
  by CNJGeep

sullivan1985 wrote:While I am guilty of being heavily involved in this thread when it first appeared almost six years ago, it's hard to comprehend that this is the most popular thread on this forum. Isn't this stuff what Facebook is for?
LOLOLOLOLOLOL haven't you been on the "railroad.net member" group on Facebook? Aka the "-redacted- pretty much talking to himself" group?
  by MBTA1016

CNJGeep wrote:
sullivan1985 wrote:While I am guilty of being heavily involved in this thread when it first appeared almost six years ago, it's hard to comprehend that this is the most popular thread on this forum. Isn't this stuff what Facebook is for?
LOLOLOLOLOLOL haven't you been on the "railroad.net member" group on Facebook? Aka the "-redacted- pretty much talking to himself" group?

Hahahahahaha thanks for the laugh CNJGeep. M&E honey bees are valuable for sure. Btw a side bar for those Yankee fans, the Yankees are retireing Joe Torre's #6
  by runningwithscalpels

CNJGeep wrote:
SHHHH only the cool kids are allowed in there!
  by sullivan1985

CNJGeep wrote:
If this is the best I can expect from this group, I'll pass on the Facebook page.
  by CNJGeep

sullivan1985 wrote:
CNJGeep wrote:
If this is the best I can expect from this group, I'll pass on the Facebook page.
A wise and sagacious choice.
  by Kaback9

Wait. If participants from this thread talk on Facebook. Why do we need this thread? I tried reading several pages through and while the thread is on topic. (I use that loosely) I don't see the need for this thread to continue it's slow demise. Look at it this way it's going to be here as a hall of fame.